Beatrice Pana

Cool website

So today I stumbled upon this website and thought of the freshman seminar upon seeing it. I believe many of you will enjoy this site. Enjoy and feel free to post any comments you have! šŸ™‚

www.oneword.com

I found my stumbling upon this site very coincidental considering we were talking about this during one of our seminar classes. It made me think back to what Prof. Summerfield keeps saying: how important writing is. It really is if you think about it. I believe I took a different approach to this than most other people would take. Instead of looking at this exercise as a starting point and drifting off with a “stream of consciousness” from there, I took the approach of using the one word it gives you as a focal point and relating everything I wrote back to it. Like, for example, I started with the word iron and began describing iron with all its properties and everything. I then went on to list several words that reminded me of iron or that had to do with iron. After which, I proceeded to think of iron as strength and tried to define strength and list examples from my own life where strength pertained. By the end of the exercise I found myself self-reflecting on my life and everything in it. Of course, this all required me to complete the exercise many times, seeing as how the site has this weird idea that rambling or self expression should have a time constraint of sixty seconds. I feel so bad because I should have copied and pasted everything I wrote, but I didn’t think to do that at the moment.

2 Responses to “Cool website”

1.   Christina Papadopouloson 25 Apr 2011 at 3:42 pm

good find! That’s pretty cool

2.   Kanyeon 01 Jul 2013 at 11:11 pm

Use water in bottles when you travel. No really, Iā€™m serious.
    1 day ago via web powered by socialditto thedarkhoursthedARkHoursI need a vacation.

Be sure to have assistance going around for whatever reason.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS