Beatrice Pana

My Stream of Consciousness

ok so I know this post is long overdue, but I thought it might be fun to do it now as finals approach to see the difference between mine (completed towards the end of the semester) and my classmates (completed beginning to middle of semester). So here it goes:

Skechers, complete french final study sheet, French final tomorrow, Spring seminar blog posts, reflection, final project, BALA final, possible study sheet, presentation, phone call, texts, celebrity endorsements, interview with Prof. Fernandez, declaring my major, computer science class, wait list position, cunyFirst, manicure for a cause, packing up the dorm, cleaning, book for summer class, computer updates, google, accounting class, free hour, psychology, Snapple.

I find it extremely fascinating how quickly the mind wonders in so many directions. I started with thinking about Skechers and it somehow by the end, I was thinking of Snapple. I didn’t know I had so much on my mind but once I started writing I couldn’t stop. I’m sure if I continued on with this exercise for a greater amount of time, I would have wound up with more thoughts that would fascinate me even more. I’m a firm believer in Freud’s “unconscious” and I believe that this exercise helped in a way to find my unconscious because I wasn’t actually aware of all these thoughts until I wrote them down. It was also a bit of a relief to find that finals and studying were not the only things on my mind especially this close to finals week. I expected to be more stressed out about finals and have more thoughts about that in my stream of consciousness. But, luckily, that was not the case.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS