Beatrice Pana

My final post

As my freshman year of college comes to an end, and today is the last day of the seminar class, it kind of all feels bittersweet. I can’t believe how much I grew up within this past year and how much more independent I became. Dorming was definitely a worthwhile experience for me here at Queens College, and it’s so sad to see it come to an end. I met so many incredible people this year who not only helped me grow as a person, but also to see most things differently. Entering college, I had absolutely no idea what I was in store for. I was the type of person who would study for like an hour in high school and get at least a 90 on every test. Little did I know that in college an hour of studying would barely get me a 70. This year I feel like I have developed better study habits and become more focused, especially now towards the end of the semester. Even though I got off to a rocky start and felt kind of lost at the beginning of the year, by now (the end of the semester) everything got better. I learned many new things. For example, my first semester I took a reading film ENGL 110 class and a media studies class. Before that, I had never actually taken a camera and went out to interview random people around campus, like I had to do for my English class. I also was never a big film person unless it was like modern, mainstream film. But, I wanted to try something different and I’m glad I did it, I learned so much in that class and met some intelligent people who were so passionate for film. This semester was definitely much better than my first semester in all aspects, I guess the first one is what people call the “transition period”. This seminar class was definitely worthwhile, and allowed me to make connections and networking skills I would have otherwise not made. For example, I would have never known about all of these amazing professors that Queens College has to offer without this class. With that being said, I look forward to seeing the rest of the presentations, as mentioned in my earlier post, and I want to wish everyone an amazing summer, congrats freshman, we got through it, we are now sophomores! All that hard work has finally paid off!

Trackback URI | Comments RSS